Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Home Made Coffee Syrups!

Hey everyone!  This project was probably the easiest thing in the world if you can use a stove top.  AND, it's less than the cost of two medium coffees from Dunkin Donuts.  It's a win-win situation.

Ingredients/Tools You Need:

  • Small Sauce Pan
  • 2 Cups Sugar
  • 2 Cups Water
That recipe is for plain liquid sugar for coffee is you're like me and HATE granulated sugar at the bottom of the cup.  As for flavors, you could add in:
  • 1/2 of a cup of caramel syrup 
  • 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract (preferably clear, but I used the cheap stuff from Stop & Shop) 



Or, if you would like to experiment further, you could add in half of a cup of any berries/fruits to infuse the flavor into the syrups.  I suggest mashing the fruits/berries before adding them to the liquid and strain out any of the seeds and remnants before pouring the syrups into the bottles.  
(Apologies for the crummy phone picture.)

Personally, I didn't want to spend a fortune on fancy bottles (although they are very nice to look at) and I bought them at this Etsy shop.  I gave them as a gift, so I dressed them up a little.  

If you test these out, please leave a comment and let me know how it worked out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment