Sunday, April 21, 2013

DIY Party: Wall Decor

I have always been obsessed with fun backgrounds for photos.  It's always fun to be able to take pictures at parties and have something pretty or exciting behind you instead of someone's backyard, right?  Enjoy the compilation I've put together and please share some of your own ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Wee Birdy has a very cute and very simple (READ: easy) idea with this giant wall confetti!

Now, this picture from Oh Joy! didn't seem to have any instructions with it, but I love this idea!  If you take streamers or ribbons or whatever you would like for the background and sandwich the tops of the strands between two pieces of tape, you would easily be able to hang it on a wall or between two posts.
Oh Happy Day had a cute idea for a circle photo booth backdrop, which is absolutely adorable.  However, to make it a little less complicated, you could swap out the sewing machine and just tape the insides of the circles to the thread.

For holiday times, I love string lights as a backdrop in pictures.  Instructables has a neat How To to make the lights diffused and less glaring by covering the little bulbs with ping pong balls!

Speaking of string lights, I have been absolutely in love with this idea since I first saw it on Pinterest.  I have a sincere love for canvas, which is how we plan to decorate most of the rooms in our home once everything gets settled.  Apartment Therapy combines those two things (lights and canvas) with some stickers and spray paint and showcased some absolutely lovely wall art.  I can just imagine the huge ones as cute summer night backdrops or, if you use snowflakes, Christmas party/card backgrounds!

I hope you liked some of these!  Please let me know what you think in the comments below and share your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment